Saturday, August 25, 2012

Week In An Instant

Clockwise, Left to Right:

1. Ethan and I had a rare opportunity happen upon us: brunch on a Sunday! We ended up going to TAP-The Asheville Public near the River Arts District and it hit the spot. It was my second time going, and I'm always taken with their vintage/shabby chic choice of decor.

2. If I were in a band, this would be my debut album cover. My in-laws were in for a quick visit and passed their record collection on to the next generation. We've had a lot of fun digging through their collection this week.

3. On Tuesday we went to the West Asheville Tailgate Market for supper. The "Mountain Masala Supper" was prepared and cooked almost entirely on site by Meherwan Irani, the chef and owner of Chai Pani downtown. Chai Pani is arguably my favorite restaurant in Asheville and whenever friends or family visit, I always make sure to include it in our list of places to visit. Meherwan shopped a few weeks prior to the supper to get an idea of what the menu would be, using all ingredients bought directly in season from the market. The meal was amazing and my favorite dishes were the eggplant fritters and okra bruschetta. Our friend Natalie is the market manager and I have to say, she has done a wonderful job with the market...She has a new venture in the works that I've been helping her with. More on that soon! In the meantime, check out the West Asheville Tailgate Market website here.

4. Last night we tried our hand at cooking a new dish-sweet potato and black bean tacos with red cabbage slaw. I was inspired by a girl I follow on instagram, after she posted a photo of her results. It will definitely be a mainstay in our household now. Super easy and tons of flavor!

5. I found this candy dispenser overturned on its side in an alleyway near our house. I liked the composition of it on its side with the graffiti in the background. Strange occurrence turned into art!

6. After our brunch Sunday, Ethan and I decided to take a mini road trip. We somehow ended up on a country road between Tryon and Saluda and happened upon this awesome motel sign. Wouldn't this be fun in your house?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment