1. Our littlest cat Etta has been really bad lately. Knocking over my treasures, trying to escape...you name it, she's been trying to do it. Luckily, Ethan caught her before she knocked over a glass cloche. I was there to capture his moment of victory, and yet another cloche is safe from the paws of our kitten.
2. How about this weather!? Aside from the down pour over the weekend, I have really been enjoying early spring in Asheville. I am really loving the light in the late afternoons, just before the sun goes down. We've been trying to take advantage of the pockets of time we have together til Ethan has finished the semester, and that includes small journeys through the mountains. This is a random country road between here and Marshall.
3. We were by the park recently, and look what came waddling by! Seriously one of the cutest things.
4. A few weeks ago we attended the gallery opening for our friend Erin Brethauer's photography show at The Artery. Erin's work is truly magical. She's super talented and we are lucky to call her a good friend. And although it was just a quick run, Erin's work received a lot of well deserved attention. You can read an article from the Mountain Xpress here and be sure to see more of her work by clicking here to navigate her website.
5. And finally, a little love for Pizza Pura in the River Arts District. We stopped by for lunch one afternoon and fell in love with their tastily crafted pizzas, as well as the gelato made in-house. Definitely check it out if you haven't yet!
1. Two images I found while sifting through books at the Battery Park Book Exchange. They come from a book called "Down Home," by Bob Adelman which details rural life in Camden, Alabama. An absolutely beautiful book with tons of wonderful images. The billboard warning against moonshine is amazing, don't you think?
2. Etta's morning routine, she stretches like this every morning when I make breakfast.
3. The most amazing candlestick in the whole world. Found at Oddfellows, of course!
4. Lots of fun coral!
5. We had a delivery to Athens, Georgia this past week. We couldn't have asked for better weather, and Athens is beautiful in the springtime. This shot was taken from our table at a restaurant called Pulaski Heights BBQ, and I didn't want to leave this spot. The restaurant is tucked away in the neighborhood of Pulaski Heights, and this trackside spot is so idyllic. Not to mention the awesome barbeque.