Sunday, December 23, 2012
1. As the days get colder, these two cats get cozier. It takes every fiber of my being to keep the cat pictures to a minimum! Plus they love to nest on the sofa we got at...Oddfellows!
2. I couldn't resist sharing this photo of Ethan and our friend/neighbor extraordinaire Carol. This is at a friend's Christmas Party, right after we completed a holiday themed LaZoom tour downtown. Probably the most holiday fun you can have in an hour, the LaZoom tour featured a live band complete with drum kit and horn section, as well as lots of champagne. I'm going to use this photo later for a "Buy Antiques" campaign poster.
3. First few gifts wrapped under our tree. We have really been enjoying the tree this year, and most evenings you can find the Walmsley-Morris household listening to records/knitting/reading treeside.
4. We visited a favorite haunt, the DeSoto Lounge earlier in the week and I was enamored with all of the new taxidermy on the walls. If I could take this pair home with me, I most assuredly would.
5. Suppertime! We spent a wonderful evening with friends new and old this week and I could spend hours taking pictures of all of this home's beautiful nooks and crannies. Plus, what a lovely spread!
here or pick up a copy of The Scene around town. P.S. I have to say, my name looks pretty cool in print, right!? P.P.S. If you're reading this blog because of The Scene, welcome new readers! Stay tuned for updates on all the latest happenings with Oddfellows.
Tuesday, December 18, 2012
It's hard to believe that Christmas is only a week away! Perhaps shopping for gifts at an antique store isn't the first place to cross your mind. But I'm here to encourage you to give it a try! There are so many great gift ideas in the shop right now. I've gotten several goodies for friends and families and yes, maybe a few things thrown in for my house as well. It feels good knowing I've supported the shop, as well as a local business this holiday season. Plus it's awesome that the gifts I'm giving are unique, one-of-a-kind items that I put a lot of thought into. So be sure to check out our selection before the big day.
Monday, December 10, 2012
1. My driftwood lamp obsession has reached epic proportions. It's like I have a magnet that attracts me to them immediately. Needless to say, I swapped one driftwood lamp for another, and I am in love with the latest version.
2. This taxidermy goose can be found at Dwellings. I fell in love right away. I love the elegant curvature of the neck. My cats would have a field day with this new "friend."
3. I'm kicking myself for not having picked up this portrait right away. This lady is so sophisticated, and her presence might fancy up the house a bit.
4. It's definitely that time of year again. Each year I find a new vintage decoration to add to our growing collection. This year I found this angel tree topper, and lucky for us she still lights up quite nicely!
5. A captured moment from the first holiday party of the season. I'm lucky to have several friends that work for the Citizen-Times and each year, there is an epic party hosted by two reporters, one of whom has the most amazing Christmas decor. It's so filled to the brim, she even includes a scavenger hunt to add to the festivities.
Saturday, December 8, 2012
It has been a quiet week for the blog, but I assure you we have been very busy odd fellows this week. We've been giving the warehouse a little makeover, and I am super excited about all of the changes. There are more changes yet to come, but have a peek at our progress! We shifted our counter to the middle of the front room and raised it on a platform. Then we moved the majority of the stained glass windows to our former office to better showcase them. To experience just how amazing the new changes are, though, you'll have to stop by for a visit. Also we would like to give a great big shout out to our friend and jack of all trades, Chip Free! He's awesome and this project wouldn't have gone as smoothly without him. Thanks again Chip!!!
Here's the beginnings of the platform base in its new location.
The old girl placed atop her new home. We've had so many people comment upon how great the shop looks rearranged with the counter front and center. But best of all, so many folks said they didn't even really notice the great red color of the counter until now.
We used this great piece of stained glass as a corner for the counter to add an element of contrast. It just looks plain amazing!
The finished product, tested for perfection by the Chief Executive Fellow, aka Kelly. Tom added a French awning to the top to really anchor the counter. You can't miss us now!
Our former office now boasts a full collection of English stained glass windows dating from the 1800s to 1940s. I can't believe how much these pieces have transformed in this room. You can really see the stained glass now, and it all looks so lovely displayed this way. So there you have it! It's fun changing it up and we hope you enjoy it as much as we do!