Friday, August 10, 2012

Week In An Instant

Clockwise from top left:

1. For our anniversary Monday, Ethan and I spent the day enjoying the spa at the Grove Park Inn. A sweet friend of ours gave us day passes, and we spent a long time relaxing. It actually took a while for my mind to turn off and enjoy the mineral pools, sauna, and waterfall massages, but once I was able to settle in and appreciate my surroundings, I felt truly rejuvenated. I highly recommend visiting the spa, as well as exploring the Grove Park inside and out. It was my first visit and I can't wait to go back...Plus, I have to say, seeing the original hotel grounds up close and personal was really awesome. I love the texture of the building and the roof reminds me of the Spanish Catalan architect Antoni Gaudi!

2. This steer skull from Oddfellows is now calling my dining room wall its new home. Who needs diamonds, chocolates, or flowers on an anniversary?!? Not me. Steer skulls are this girl's best friend.

3. I'm not the most graceful person in the world, but despite my clumsiness I've never had a broken bone. Ethan had not had one either, until this past Wednesday so we didn't really know what we were in for! He jammed it swimming near Warren Wilson College and while I truly, truly love taking care of him...I'm ready for the four weeks of recovery to speed along.

4. I know I posted this chair in this week's T's Ten but they've been on my mind ever since. You really need to see them in all of their glory at the shop. I have a feeling they will go quickly!

5. I don't often talk about what an amazing group of friends I've had the pleasure of knowing since moving to Asheville in 2009, but this girl is one of them. Rachel is amazing for so many reasons I can't begin to describe, but also because I convinced her to wear this vintage jumpsuit for awhile around my house the other day. Incidentally, she looks amazing in it! Also not a coincidence, two of my other great friends are the proud owners of their own vintage jumpsuits, courtesy of my closet (Hi Carol & Erin!).

6. This is Tozer, my first pet ever. I rescued him eight years ago when I was living in Atlanta and attending Oglethorpe University. Ethan calls him my sidekick, and here I've caught him sticking his tongue out...which is one of the best cat tricks ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment