Tuesday, October 23, 2012

T's Ten, Week of 10/21/12

We are having a beautiful week in Asheville. The weather is perfect, the leaves are changing, pumpkins are beginning to get carved. Autumn is my favorite time at the warehouse, not only because the temperature is just right, but also because it means that a new container will be arriving before we know it. Enjoy this week's picks you guys!

1. This Bernhardt sofa is so comfy. I think all of us at the shop have not only been admiring it, but trying to find a spare moment to put our feet up. :) It's a perfect neutral color to fit in any space, and you can complement it with some great pillows (I would pair it with kilim!).  #444, Bernhardt NC Sofa, $650.

 2. With the holidays around the corner, dining tables will be flying out the door as people prepare to entertain friends and family. This French country farm table will be a big hit. It's simply lovely, and you'll want to be making memories with it in your home. #AE1, French Farm Table, $1, 195.

 3. Speaking of entertaining, this mid-century cabinet by Ercol would be a great solution for media storage, particularly if you have a small living room like I do. You may be asking yourselves, "Tarleton, what do you mean Ercol??" Ercol happens to be a British furniture manufacturer, established by Lucian Ercolani in the 1920s. You'll have to wikipedia the rest, but Ercol makes quality pieces of furniture, including this guy. #03 Ercol Cabinet, $495.

 4. I'm loving this hand painted chair. It definitely has a sophisticated feel to it, but I'm particularly taken with the caned back and seat. I would probably use it as a desk chair, since I actually need a desk chair. But you could also use it to complement seating in your living or dining room with the same polished result!  #OMD, Painted Chair, $165.

5. A friend of mine is obsessed with copper, particularly copper pots and kitchenware. For some reason it had not hit my radar until recently. Now that I've been looking, I'm finding copper everywhere and this table is a new favorite. I love the legs, but the hammered copper is really the showstopper on this piece. You should snatch it up before I do! #44 Copper Top Table, $145.

 6. Ah, buttery leathery goodness. I'm loving this 70s Danish leather sofa in a big, big way. It's quite cozy, and for those of you that dream of turning your house into a 70s wonderland filled with macrame and plants (or is that only me?), this sofa is a must. #83, Danish Leather Sofa, $1,200.

 7. If you're more industrial, less macrame, then this industrial cart would be perfect. It would make a great coffee table, and the dealer did a wonderful job refinishing the wood top. I love the graphic touch of the number 47 and the faint green paint that pops out is fun. Dealer #02, Industrial Cart, $195.

 8. I'm still gravitating toward marble, despite my new found love for copper. The table legs are definitely more traditional, but when paired with the marble top it gives the piece an entirely fresh, modern look which I love. One day, when I have a big fancy house with an entryway, I will be wanting a table just like this to use as a catchall. #44, Marbletop Table on Casters, $495.

 9. Since our warmer days are numbered, I'm trying to spend as much time on our porch as I can. Our porch is definitely lacking when it comes to furniture I can really get lazy in. This rattan couch would be a great addition, and its unique shape is really great, too. #08, Rattan Couch, $495.

 10. I love butterfly chairs. Love. Luckily we've got this pair in the shop right now. I especially love the weathered grey canvas juxtaposed with the black lines of the frame. #076, Pair of Vintage Butterfly Chairs, $328.

No comments:

Post a Comment