Monday, October 15, 2012

T's Ten, England Edition!


Hopefully by now you've had a chance to peruse our Facebook photo album with a preview of pictures from Tom and Kelly's last buying trip. What?!? You haven't?!?  Have no fear...click here for the photo album. I've been spending a long time trying to narrow down my top ten picks from the trip. It's a really difficult decision, considering what an excellent job T&K did of finding really awesome stuff. What are your favorites? Do you have any questions about any of the items? Feel free to get in touch with us!

1. I'm loving this pub sign for several reasons. I love the colors, I love that there is an old man plucking feathers from a pheasant, and I love the alliteration...which, if you have any bit of crass humor, you could have a field day pronouncing this one aloud, or in my case, making sure I've typed it out correctly. Pheasant Plucker, Price Available Upon Request.

2. Check out the velvety goodness! This chair is all glamor, from the baby blue velvet tufting right down to the little legs. This would be an obvious choice for a bedroom or if you've got a gigantic walk-in closet you'll be needing this. I also think it would be a fun addition to your living room. Velvet Chair, Price Available Upon Request.

 3. I know we've had several requests for pine farm tables lately and this one won't disappoint. I love a good rustic farm table because it feels warm and inviting right away, and the years of use are seen right away in the smooth, worn texture of the wood. This one is particularly nice because the carved legs add a touch of delicacy. Pine Farm Table, Price Available Upon Request.

 4. I'm probably most excited about these demijohns. We always try to carry a large selection of them, and they are harder and harder to find. We were running low, so I know those of you that shop with us regularly will also be pleased to see them return. I am so in love with the rotund shapes of these and my dining room table is just begging for one. Assortment of Demijohns, Price Available Upon Request.
 
 5. This carved bench is absolutely beautiful. I'm so in love with the high back, especially because of the arched carvings. The barley twist arms and legs are also really lovely. This would be great paired with a dining table, or used in an entryway. Highback Carved Bench, Price Available Upon Request.
 
 6. These stools are just too much. I'm loving the wood tops paired with the industrial orange bases. I am really excited to see these in person...they would be a really fun, quirky take on the traditional dining chair.

7. This is a goat, but not just any goat. It's from India and dates to the early 1900s. I think they are so sweet, especially because of the hand carved, hand painted quality. Goat not tickling your fancy? There's also a dog and an elephant! Early 1900s Wood Carved Animals, Price Available Upon Request.

 8. This deco bar is crazy. I love the curved glass fronts, especially the middle portion. Who needs a tacky disco ball when you can entertain with this bar instead?!? Deco Bar, Price Available Upon Request.

9. This wouldn't be an England Edition post if I didn't include a wonderful chesterfield. The tufting on this is lovely, and a chesterfield sofa has been on my wishlist for a while now. I love the soft, worn leather of our chesterfields and I love these more traditional pieces paired with mid-century furniture for an updated, modern take.

10. Speaking of mid-century, check out this credenza. Those circles are killer and you can't go wrong with this guy if you're looking for extra storage. Mid-century Credenza, Price Available Upon Request.
 
Alright, these are my picks. Let me know what you think, and remember: the photo album on facebook  is merely a tease. There's plenty more heading to Asheville soon. We're anticipating the early part of November, so stay tuned and if you would like to add your email to our newsletter list, please leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment