Sunday, November 25, 2012

Two Weeks In An Instant!

If you're like me, you're still playing a little catch up. We celebrated Ethan's birthday, plus took a whirlwind trip to Atlanta over the holiday. Coming up this week, look out for a container day post, as well as a new T's Ten. In the meantime, check out what I've been up to as I catch up!

Images left to right, clockwise.
1. I know I've mentioned it before, but I am really nesting right now. Lucky for me, I work at Oddfellows and have lots of nesting options around me all the time. Like this lamp. I featured it in a T's Ten a few weeks back and as I was writing about it, I knew I needed it. And my dining room is looking so much cozier with it!
2. We changed a few things up in the living room as well. I had to take advantage of dealer 444's awesome upholstered sofas, and it is now lovingly referred to as our "grown up" sofa.
3. I threw a party for Ethan to celebrate his birthday. A whisk(e)y tasting party, to be exact! It was such a fun party  because we were surrounded by all of our friends as we celebrated how great Ethan is. And also because I was able to capture this photo of Etta, our catpuppy, trying to steal some grub.
4. The following evening, we went to see Angel Olsen perform at Forsythia Hall. Our friends at Harvest Records hosted the event, and it was a truly beautiful experience. Also, as someone that absolutely loves peeking into others' homes, Forsythia Hall was a feast for the eyes.
5. There's that birthday boy!

Images Clockwise, Left to Right:
1. One of my favorite finds from the container, the teak animals from India are lined up and ready for their new homes.
2. We spent Turkey Day in Atlanta with Ethan's family. My favorite part was driving around our old haunts. Here, a shot of Piedmont and Ralph McGill. It was nice experiencing some warmer weather, and Atlanta still has lots of leaves to admire.
3. Ethan and our nephew Ben, playing in said leaves.
4. We also had time to catch up with some old friends of ours, Julia and Rosa. Both hugely talented ladies, Rosa owns a vintage clothing business called Recollection Vintage and Julia is the chef de cuisine at Watershed. So glad I was able to catch up with them during our whirlwind trip.
5. A new addition to Ethan's extended family, this is Rosie. She's a pug and dachshund mix and so tiny, furry, cuddly, and cute. I love puppies.

No comments:

Post a Comment