Saturday, January 5, 2013

Week In An Instant

Happy New Year! I hope all of you had a great holiday--I know I did. If the old adage about what you do on New Year's Eve/Day is a reflection upon what you'll be doing the rest of the year, then I'm in good hands. I rang in the new year dancing with friends and laughing with family. The best way, really. And of course we gave ourselves time to reflect on the year ahead and what we hope to accomplish. Lucky for you, I have a lot of blog resolutions! In the meantime, a few snippets of life...

Clockwise Left to Right:
1. I'll spare you all of the New Year's jokes I came up with concerning this ring...but yes, a new ring for a new year. This is green turquoise and I found it at one of my favorite shops in Asheville. If you guys haven't checked out Elementality then do yourself a favor. It is a hidden gem tucked into the Asheville Mall on Tunnel Road. Expect to find beautifully crafted jewelry and unique apparel.
2. Yep. Winter is here for a while, so I've been wearing my Bean boots constantly. They are perfect for keeping my toes cozy in the warehouse and let's just say that I wouldn't be disappointed with a little snow to really break in the new boots.
3. I gave this book, Honky Tonk by Henry Horenstein, to Ethan for Christmas. Little did I know how enamored with it I would become as well. The book's pages are filled with candid, intimate portraits of some of country music's most celebrated musicians. My favorite part, however, are the random shots of old juke joints and their patrons taken throughout the south. I highly recommend this book!
4. Grouping of ammonites from a gem shop downtown. I love how they look all grouped together.
5. This guy! Did you know that in another life, my husband was a soul/60s garage DJ in Atlanta? It's true. Nowadays, between school and work, he hosts a radio show on Asheville FM Community Radio called Smoke Signals. He was asked to join a few other DJs for the 3rd Annual NYE Dance Party held at the DeSoto Lounge in West Asheville. It was a blast, and I love Asheville FM. If you get a chance, check out this link here to learn more about Asheville FM and be sure to listen to Ethan Saturdays 5-7PM by following this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment