Monday, September 17, 2012

T's Ten, Week of 9/16/12

It's been a little quiet around these parts, and for that I am very sorry! Life sometimes has a way of catching up with you, doesn't it? I'm back on track though, and pleased to present my favorite picks this week. Let me know what you think!

1. I try not to pick favorites. I love all of our furniture and objects equally, unconditionally. But this little French doorstop is my favorite. I'm a sucker for anything cute and tiny, and this little guy is both. And lucky me, my birthday is Saturday! Note to self: stop buying gifts for yourself! Dealer #150, Iron French Doorstop, $48.

2. I love this industrial cart. I like that it is compact and appears lightweight. Industrial items are often heavy and large, so I appreciate that I could take this cart home with me for a shot of metal to contrast with all of our teak wood furniture that won't take  up much room. It would make a perfect bedside table! Dealer #02, Industrial Cart on Wheels, $45.

 3. This is quite possibly the most comfortable club chair I've ever had the pleasure of sitting in. It's dangerous, though, because it makes you want to curl up with a cup of tea and a good book instead of encouraging customers that they should buy it. I love the crackled leather and the nailheads...this is just a classic set that works well with anything. And it's on sale! Dealer #444, Leather Chair and Ottoman, $395 reduced from $695!

4. Alright. I'm clearly prone to picking favorites...so maybe the this is my absolute favorite? I love kilim textiles, and this bench delights me to no end. I would put it at the foot of our bed, but I think it would also be lovely in an entryway. I love that it's slightly curved, and the iron base adds a great touch as well. Dealer #150-C, Kilim Bench, $675.

 5. This kidney-shaped dressing table is really beautiful. I love how delicate and light it is, and it would be perfectly suited in a powder room. Or I think it would be adorable in a child's room to use as a writing desk. #44 Dressing Table, Circa 1910, $110.

  6. Brief history lesson for you: this is a riddling rack. Riddling racks, first used in France starting in the late 1800s, were used to aid in the production of champagne and sparkling wines. The holes are at a 45 degree angle, and every day the bottles would be turned and slightly shaken in order to bring sediments to the bottle neck. And now you know! While you probably wouldn't want to use this rack for riddling (the process takes 8-10 weeks of manual labor), it would make an excellent wine rack. Dealer #AE1, $475.

 7. This teak dining table is great, because it has two leaves that come out on either side, so there's plenty of room for your family and guests to gather round. Alternatively, if you are in need of a desk, I think this would be a fun option because there's plenty of room to spread out files and papers, and you can add fun storage on the bottom. Dealer #83, Teak Dining Table, $195.

 8. I'm loving this sweet little oak bench. I love the rush seating, and the spindled back is really lovely as well. I'd love to use this on our covered front porch because I think it would complement all of our plants really well. This bench is a great example of the beauty of simple, classic design. Dealer #150-C, Oak Bench, $295.

 9. Ok, so there's a running debate in the warehouse. Fox or raccoon? Weigh in on the comment section. I'm leaning toward raccoon, but someone's husband (ahem, mine) decided it could be a fox. Either way, this concrete fellow is meant to hang vertically on your wall and it's so charming! Dealer #03, Concrete Animal, $38.

 10. This McCaskey Register Co. carousel was originally used to hold sales slips and the like (in this case, it looks like a chemical company used it to hold foil slips of some kind?), but how amazing would this look in your living room, showing off family photos!?! I also like the idea of it in an office, holding reminders and memos. Either way, I love the industrial elements and I really like that each clasp is in numerical order. Dealer #133, McCaskey Register Carousel, $395.

No comments:

Post a Comment