Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Week In An Instant

It's definitely feeling like summer is here in Asheville and we are enjoying it for sure! This week I've been holding down the fort while Tom and Kelly are overseas shopping. It's always an exciting time when they are shopping. I go to bed with visions of credenzas, industrial tables, and eclectic artwork dancing in my head as I wonder what they've found. Be sure to stay tuned, because we will certainly share some preview pictures once T&K return stateside. In the meantime, here's what I've been up to!

Images Clockwise, Left to Right:
1. This picture was taken at The Scene's Asheville Beer Week Kickoff Party, hosted at the newly opened Mill Room event space. I loved the Mill Room and if you're looking for an event space in Asheville, this one is super affordable and has a great industrial backdrop. Read more here.
2. This gas light fixture, an Egyptian revival throwback, is amazing. She's a little bit sassy, and will be sure to greet you at Oddfellows this summer.
3.On an afternoon drive with Ethan in Leicester, we discovered this little guy sitting pretty by the side of the road. I immediately began to take thousands of photos...moments like these definitely remind us how lucky we are that we landed in Asheville, where the mountains and farmland are just a short drive away.
4. I always reflect on the incredible people I've met at this point in my life, and am lucky that so many of them are talented makers, crafters, and thinkers. This certainly holds true with Karie and her partner Rob. They are the creative force behind Shelter, specializing in beautifully hand sewn leather goods and bags, among many other talents. A little while back I was able to visit Karie at her studio in the River Arts District to pick fabrics for my own bag, and this photo is the beautiful result. We are truly lucky to have these two in Asheville. Their bags are delicious and will last a lifetime. Check out more at their website Shelter Protects You.
5. We've been celebrating a lot of birthdays this week. This is a shot of Etta, with a custom birthday hat, celebrating my mom's birthday on the 31st, Carol's birthday on the 3rd, and Erin's birthday on the 4th.
6. One more shot of farm animal cuties.

No comments:

Post a Comment