Monday, May 14, 2012

T's Ten!

Phew! What a busy couple of weeks. Are you guys enjoying the hustle and bustle of spring as much as I do? In the middle of all the spring cleaning, preparing for our yard sale (more on that later), and visiting family in Virginia, I realized that there are tons of new items in the shop that I am seriously aching to call my own. With that in mind, I've decided to start a weekly series entitled "T's Ten," or in layman's terms..."Things I would buy if I had an unlimited amount of space in my home, and millions of dollars in the pocket." In an effort to practice restraint, which is something one must do often when working in such an amazing store, I'm sticking to ten items at a time. Rest assured, though, that I could probably continue this list into the thousands. So, in no particular order, these are things I would buy this week. Stay tuned for next week's picks!

1.  For some reason, I have been really drawn to throw pillows lately (more than usual, I should say). They are definitely a great way to spruce up your house without spending a lot of money, and they provide texture and a great pop of color to your space. This ikat pillow does not fail to delight. Textiles are a big weakness for me, and anything ikat or kilim always catches my eye. Ikat pillow, dealer #150-C, $36.

 2. This is such a sweet chair, and its wow factor is all in the details. Add tufted silk fabric to a gold leaf painted frame and you've got one happy Tarleton. Incidentally, throwing the ikat pillow on the seat would really look fantastic, don't you think? Antique chair, dealer #076, $98.

 3. This German print is so sweet. I love how graphic the simple black silhouettes of the train become when paired with a more ornate frame. Little known fact, I took German for a year in college. While I don't have any recollection of the German word for train,  I still hold a fond place in my heart for the language and I'm always drawn to artwork and objects from the region. Ich liebe...see, I remember that much! Dealer #133, German train print, $275.

 4. Love this vintage boy scout set! I'm not sure what I would do with it, but it sure does delight the vintage enthusiast in me to no end. I particularly love the sash with all of the achievement patches. Dealer #08, Boy Scout collection, $49.

 5. How cool is this vintage grocery cart!?! Lately I am really enjoying the industrial elements we have in the shop, and this does not fail to tempt me. You know what it would be perfect for? Schlepping all of my Oddfellows goodies back home with me! Dealer #FF, Vintage Grocery Cart, $95.
 6. If you are anything like me, you have got really grand ideas when it comes to outdoor projects. And if you're also like me, you have a tendency to neglect said projects. What I really like about these iron urns is that they require little effort on my part. I could put some really dramatic plants or ferns in them, and channel my inner Garden Club grandma, but what's most likely is that I would set them two by two in my front lawn thinking about what to put in them. And yet, that's okay too, because with these guys whether you use them solely to decorate or house a plant, either way works just fine and you end up with a sophisticated statement and yard no matter what. Dealer #143, Iron Urns, $145 ea.
 7. These survey maps from England are just. plain. cool. They have multiple uses (wallpaper, wrapping paper, wall art) and it's really fun looking at all the small details of these guys. Another example of excellent graphic design for sure. Dealer #03, Survey Maps of England, $14 ea.

 8. I really love old books. I really, really love old books with pictures. This framed vintage bookplate is no exception. I have a big stack of books with plates like this, and I always say that I will get around to framing them one day, but let's face it; much like my inner slacker gardener, my inner slacker crafter is begging me to forgo the framing project in favor of this little number. I also love how the chunky frame perfectly compliments the delicate birds. I would love to have an entire wall of these! Dealer #OMD, Vintage Framed Bookplate print, $45.

 9. Guys, meet Ethan. Ethan, meet the guys. Ethan happens to be our resident Letter "E" model, and in his spare time he's also my husband. I would buy this for obvious reasons, but I would probably buy it even if my husband's name didn't begin with an E. It's large, it's bold, it's graphic. It's everything I desire from a great piece of wall art. Dealer #150, Letter "E", $185.

 10. Last, but not least by any means. This circus sign from 1976 is too good to be true. I often talk about the imaginary home in my head, and this sign lives there. I would probably put it in my imaginary living room, above my imaginary 10' sectional sofa. Or down the road, I might even put it in my imaginary children's imaginary play room. Either way, it's there, in my imaginary house just waiting for me. Dealer #02, Vintage Circus Sign, $150.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment