Wednesday, May 30, 2012

T's Ten, Week of 5/27

Welcome to another installment of T's Ten! But first, big news-Tom is officially across the pond! We are super excited to see what he's able to find so stay tuned for an update when he returns.  And without further ado...

1. I'm always on the hunt for unique and interesting ways to store away my jewelry. I really love this French paper box and would use it just for that purpose. If you don't wear jewelry, why not put it on top of your desk to hide away paper clips and the like? Either way, this is a fantastic storage solution. French Paper Box, Dealer #44, $98.

 2. I've noticed that papasan furniture has gained a lot of attention lately, and I've seen several great examples on a few blogs I read. This papasan swivel rocker doesn't fail to pique my interest. According to my handy dandy dictionary (Wikipedia!), papasan furniture hit the states in the 1950s and gained in popularity throughout the 1970s. All the more reason to buy it, I say. Pair it with some sultry potted ferns, a polyester dress, and The Rolling Stones' "Some Girls" and you're on your way back to my favorite decade! Papasan Swivel Rocker, two available with cushions, Dealer #FF, $95 ea.


 3. Next up, this seashell lamp. I love it for several reasons, but most of all because it reminds me of the many beach trips I took with my family to the North Carolina coast every summer. Just looking at this lamp calls to mind the smells and sounds of the ocean. Ah, summertime! Vintage seashell lamp, Dealer #150, $98.
 4. How cute is this!? I'm not usually a dog person, considering I have two black cats, but who says we can't add a pup to the bunch? This pup is especially useful because he can keep your door propped open while at the same time causing you to pause and say "aww" every time you walk past it. Boxer Door Stop, Dealer #08, $35.
 5. If you are a loyal follower of the blog (you all should be!) then you'll recall having seen my own house featured a few weeks back. And if you saw that post, then you also saw how much I love printers block letters and trays. This one doesn't fail to make me a little weak in the knees, especially because it has a cool green painted edge at the top. I've seen a lot of cute crafting projects using these kinds of trays, but I particularly love housing small objects in them as a shadowbox. Printers woodblock tray, Dealer #OMD, $35.

 6. There are so many things to say about this coffee table. The legs! The wood top! The industrial factor! And what's that, it's on sale too!?! I just plain love this table. Perfect for families looking for something sturdy, or perfect for a bachelor pad. Industrial Coffee Table, Dealer #NYA, $275.

 7. I'm so in love with this statue. I just can't help it. It would look just as great indoors as out, providing a wonderful sculptural element to your space. Painted Concrete Staute of Girl With Umbrella, Dealer #150, $38.

 8. Although these two tables aren't an exact match, I think they are really lovely together and would be great used as bedside tables. I like that they also have a lot of storage, both with the top drawer and bottom cabinet. A great way to hide my growing collection of books that keep stacking higher and higher by my bed. Plus, another fun tidbit. This dealer specializes in importing furniture and housewares from Asia. These are crafted and hand painted in Tibet. Hand Painted Tibetan Cabinets, Dealer #444, $295 ea.

 9. This dainty little vintage desk is too cute for words. It would be perfect for a studio or apartment, because it won't take up too much room. Plus, because its shelving is exposed it tricks the eye in the same way that a mirror makes your room appear larger. I also love that the dealer has covered the formica top with corkboard tiles for a more sophisticated, less kitschy take. Vintage Corktop Desk, Dealer #83, $110.

 10. I hesitate to share this with you at all. Why? Because I really, really love it. My wallet keeps jumping out of my purse, reminding me it's available to help me purchase this painting. I love how ghostly the sailboats are and that the black frame so perfectly juxtaposes the black boat bases. It's really quite stunning in person. According to the dealer, the artist is listed and often signed his name backwards, substituting Marcos for Socram. This is also dated 1962, for those of you into art history. Mid-Century Sailboat Painting, Dealer #133, $450.

No comments:

Post a Comment