Saturday, March 9, 2013
Week In An Instant
1. After living here for almost 4 years, we finally made it to the Biltmore! Despite a rainy, cold February day it was really one of the best times to visit because there weren't tons of people. Plus it made the basement feel extra eerie:) Being involved in the antique business, I certainly appreciated all of those beautiful rooms. I especially loved the kitchen for its spaciousness and beautiful tilework..plus all those extra pantries!!
2. The grass in our yard is beginning to turn green, so certainly that is cause to celebrate!
3. We discovered the coolest elevator in all of Asheville the other day. It's in an old apartment building in North Asheville and smells just like the doctor's office from when I was little. And I love the graphic design throughout, particularly the floor numbers.
4. Our littlest cat had a rough week a few weeks back...she suffers from juvenile periodontal disease and is now working with 4 teeth only! Needless to say, helping her heal was stressful and a little tearful. But she's recovering wonderfully and is a much happier cat!
5. I think I mentioned pre-spring cleaning. It's still in full force, which means out with the old and in with the new rugs!:)