I'm really excited to share this post today! Here at the shop we are often curious to know what happens to our goodies when they leave the shop. Luckily, our loyal customers will often snap a few pictures to share with us. With that in mind, this is the first installment of what will become an on-going series of sneak peeks into the homes of our customers. And because March marks two years for me at Oddfellows (Happy Anniversary Tom and Kelly!), and because I am still a very loyal customer, I would like to be the first to share with you my home.
Last week I was interviewed and our home was photographed for the "Home
of the Week" section of the Asheville Citizen-Times. Today the article came out in print format. Talk about dream
come true! I'm both humbled and honored to share with you a few photos,
as well as a link to the full article. I can't be happier with the
results and the work Bruce and Margaret did with the article literally
brought me to tears. I hope you enjoy it, and will be inspired enough to
share with us some of your Oddfellows goodies in your home for future
Photos described Left to Right, Top to Bottom:
1. The first picture is of our bedroom, which features a rug from dealer #133, a needlepoint pillow from dealer #123, antlers from a former dealer, and a pair of framed 60s party masks from another former dealer.
2. The next picture is of a corner of our living room, featuring a bookcase Tom and Kelly imported from England!
3. The next photo of our dining room features a G-Plan dining table and chairs from dealer #44, a German school chart from dealer #44, a rocking chair from dealer #123, a kilim rug from dealer #03, and knick knacks galore from assorted dealers!
4. Our guest room includes chairs from dealer #44, as well as more knick knacks...I love small things for sure.
5. The kitchen is probably the most overlooked room in our house, despite the fact that we spend a lot of time cooking and entertaining there. The rug is from dealer #03 and again...the small, cute objects are from various dealers.
As you can tell, a large percentage of our home has been decorated with goodies from Oddfellows and is all the better for it. I can't speak highly enough of Tom and Kelly and I feel really blessed to be part of the Oddfellows team. My home is especially happy to contain such wonderful treasures from the shop. So I hope you've enjoyed this first installment, and again, we'd love to see what your home looks like with a little bit of Oddfellows in it!
*All photos are courtesy of Maragret Hester of the Citizen-Times. Read the full article by the amazing Bruce Steele here and check out the full photo gallery here. Today's paper (March 24) features the article and pictures in print.