Friday, October 11, 2013

Week In An Instant

Images Clockwise, Left to Right:
1. A few weeks ago I turned 30. I kicked the birthday weekend off with this elderberry margarita at WALK in West Asheville, one of our go-to places when we don't feel like making dinner. The cocktail was great, and I turned 30 surrounded by lots of family and friends. And so far, everyone has been right; my 30s seem to be taking shape nicely, although I've convinced myself I'm losing my eyesight due to "old age." 
2. This week Ethan and I visited Sky Top Orchard in Zirconia, NC near Flat Rock. While we were there to pick apples, I ended up getting distracted by all of the farm animals. This goat in particular was hilarious. He refused to move from his sun tanning spot, and the look on his face was one of pure joy. 
3. And then there were apples. And apple cinnamon donuts! It feels like we won a lifetime supply of apples. This weekend we're going to make cider for the first time. 
4. A detailed shot of a kilim runner that sold this week at the shop. I love the pastel pink and royal blue. 
5. While hunting and gathering last week for our booth, I came across this mid-century era painting and couldn't bear to let it go. It looks perfect in our bedroom and because I had to make room for it on our wall, it also inspired an impromptu burst of design inspiration. I began rearranging every little thing in our house and it's looking pretty good!

Also just a quick reminder-have you checked out the upcoming event we're hosting in November? Amanda Brown of Spruce will be teaching class participants how to construct and upholster their own bench to take home. Read more about it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment