Monday, September 30, 2013

T's Ten, Week of 9/29

A long overdue T's Ten! There are so many fun things in the shop right now, and it was certainly hard to contain my picks to just ten. Although that's almost always the case!:) Be sure to stop by to check out the warehouse.And for those of you wondering, the next buying trip is upon is. Tom will leave this Thursday to hunt and gather. That shipment will likely arrive late October or early November!

1. Everyone's a winner! These trophies from England make great decorative objects, and work well as gifts for a job well done. We have a few in our house, and we use them as a catchall for keys, coins, etc. #44 Trophies, prices range from $35-75.

 2. I'm loving this cozy brown leather chair. And when I say cozy, I mean it! I love the soft, buttery leather and the nailheads outlining the arms add a sophisticated touch. Just in time for autumn, too. I picture a lot of reading by the fire going on in this chair. #444, Bernhardt Leather Chair, $595.

 3. We often get a lot of requests for barstools, and I'm loving this pair. They are newly upholstered in a sturdy vintage fabric, and would be perfect for getting your drink on! #83 Pair of Vintage Barstools, $175.

 4. These chairs have a fresh coat of paint, new Suzani-style upholstery, and would be just the perfect pop of color your home needs! These traditional chairs really freshen up in a modern way once given a bright coat of paint. #800 Set of 4 Dining Chairs, $385.

 5. I'm a big fan of storage, and this industrial cabinet is perfect. Originally, it was used to display McCall's dress patterns, but I imagine it would fit in nicely in an office. You could tuck away quite a bit in these drawers. #297, McCall's Clothing Pattern Cabinet, $175.

 6. Speaking of fun storage, this industrial shelving with gym baskets is also a fun, yet functional option. Lately I've been attracted to the color red, so of course I was drawn to this fun piece. It would be perfect in a playroom because you can use the gym baskets as bins to store toys and art supplies. #NYA Industrial Shelving, $345.

 7. I love this carved Tibetan statue! You'll have to forgive me, because I'm not sure what she's called (Kimmara?), but a customer informed me that this half female, half bird statue is prominent in Buddhist mythology. I think it makes a lovely decorative object and I love that it has a mythological story behind it. #076, Tibetan Statue, $128.

8. I love the scale on this 1940s buffet. It's a great functional piece, and its smaller size makes it perfect for smaller spaces. It would look nice in a dining room, but I think it'd be a fun entertainment cabinet too. Hide away DVDs and the like in the drawers, and keep your flatscreen on top. #44 40s Buffet, #375.

 9. I definitely have a weakness for bottles, and these tall glass bottles are a fun addition to the shop. We usually carry a selection of bottles in varying sizes and shapes but none quite as tall as these! #AE1 Large Bottles, $95 each.

 10. What a statement this carousel horse makes! The stationary horse dates back to the 19th century, and was part of a carousel ride. And because it stands upright on its own, you can put it front and center in just about any room. I'd probably put it on our mantel, or as we've displayed it here, on a credenza just behind a sofa in a living room. #133 Carousel Horse, $1145.

No comments:

Post a Comment