Monday, August 19, 2013

T's Ten, Week of 8/18

Hi friends! How about this cool August weather?!? It certainly feels like early autumn in Asheville, but I'm still betting there's more heat to come. I'm certainly in denial that summer is coming to an end, particularly since most of this summer has been very rainy! Despite the crazy weather, the shop has had a great summer season. And before I get started with my favorites this week, The Oddfellows want to give you all a very big thank you!! We were happy to find that we were included in the Mountain Xpress Best of Issue, tying at 3rd for Best Antique Shop 2013. It means a lot to be included in the top 3, and we really appreciate all of your votes and support!


1. I'm digging this map chest that came from the most recent container load. The green metal and brass handles make for one really handsome industrial piece. It's got a great shape, and would be fun in a living room as an alternative to a coffee table. Can't you just imagine one of the drawers left open, revealing an oversized art book, accompanied by a few smaller decorative objects? I can, anyway! Dealer #44 Map Chest, $1,195.

 2. If you like the look of the map chest, but don't quite have the room for something that large, then certainly these industrial file cabinets would do the trick. I would love to use these in our kitchen. We could store recipes in a few drawers, and random cutlery/oversized spoons in the others. Dealer #496, Pair of Industrial Files, $60.

3. I think I might've shared this before on my container picks. But now that this green chest of drawers is in the shop, it literally catches my eye every time I walk past it. It's such a fun color! Dealer #44, Green Chest of Drawers, $325.

 4. I know we can all appreciate this Danish credenza. So much storage space! I love a great functional piece of furniture, and you can never go wrong with a mid-century credenza. #83, Danish Credenza, $695.

 5. I'm also loving this 19th C. French-Canadian primitive cabinet. I love that it can be hung on a wall and used as a little shadow box, or mounted bedside for an alternative to a nightstand. #133, Primitive Cabinet, $425.

 6. For those of you looking for industrial carts, this longer version is super cool. I love the history behind this piece-it was originally used as a luggage cart at the Bristol, TN train depot. But its low, longer size would function very well as a coffee table. Dealer #NYA, Luggage Cart, $399.

 7. I really love the idea behind these lucite boxes. Each one contains its own little antique collection. They would make a sweet gift for a friend into "old stuff", but I like to imagine someone just getting into antiques picking one of these up. It's like an instant starter set! And they would be great displayed on a bookcase. Dealer #231, Lucite Box With Contents, $40 ea.

 8. While we're on the decorative object kick, how about this great industrial object! I love the look of this piece. It has a really great sculptural quality about it, and has a sophisticated-meets-quirky feel. Dealer #076, Industrial Object, $78.

 9. I love a good rusty, crusty toolbox, and this one is teal green to boot! If you cleaned it up a bit, it would be a fun storage chest for a child's room or playroom. Or you could indeed use it to store some tools! Either way, it's a really lovely industrial piece. Dealer #02, Toolbox, $55.

 10. I've saved the largest for last. This 1920s-30s deco bar back is so big it won't fit into my camera frame! It's huuuuuuge. But what a great piece, right? Can't you imagine this sitting pretty in a scene straight from The Great Gatsby? It would be great in a downtown bar or restaurant, don't you think? Dealer #AE1, Deco Bar Back, $8,400.

No comments:

Post a Comment