Saturday, February 9, 2013

Week In An Instant-San Francisco Edition!

Earlier this week I got back from a mini-vacation to San Francisco! I stayed with my best friend/college roommate Stella, and she showed me a really great time. It was my first time on the west coast, and I have to say the weather spoiled me. While it snowed and rained in Asheville, I was experiencing sunny t-shirt weather in California. Here are a few photos from my trip. If you like them, be sure to follow me on Instagram for more. Search for "oddfellowtarleton."

Images Left to Right:
1. The Rockies!! The only fun part of a 5.5 hour flight.
2. Spotted some fun vintage textiles (my weakness) in a shop on Valencia in the Mission.
3. By far my favorite shop on the trip, this is a shot of all the taxidermy beauty to be found at Paxton Gate. Seriously, if you ever visit San Francisco, this shop is an absolute must. Lots of beautiful plants, jewelry, and weird taxidermy and bones. Perfect!
4. This was a house in the Mission that looked extra cute because of the car in front of it.
5. Quick view of the Golden Gate Bridge.
6. Another house I fell in love with, this time because of the yellow door and ivy-covered facade. I couldn't get over all the fun architecture in the city.
7. We took a day trip to Point Reyes, just north of San Francisco. By far my favorite part of the trip, Point Reyes had the most beautiful rolling hillsides with wildflowers and cows grazing.
8. And then suddenly, after a little hike, there's the Pacific Ocean! It was such a beautiful day to be on the beach.
9. Another shop I fell in love with, The General Store in Sunset was beautifully merchandised.

Images Left to Right:
1. A view of the city from atop Twin Peaks.
2. Yep, another house I fell in love with.
3. This poster was in a shop in Richmond called Park Life. I loved the graphic quality of the print with the fun colors.
4. I was able to catch a few mid-century and antique shops while I was there. I wish I could've brought all of it back to Asheville with me!
5. Instead, I brought back an air plant nestled in a piece of driftwood. Almost every shop we went in had them, and seemed a perfect token to remind me of my first visit. Also I got a palm reading chart...I'll start reading your palm!! Kidding...
6. And a shot of the subway on my long journey back to Asheville!

No comments:

Post a Comment