Monday, June 18, 2012

T's Ten, Week of 6/17

Welcome to a very exciting addition of T's Ten! But first, please allow me a few mushy moments of gratitude. I have been getting some great feedback from a few of you that have been following the blog. Every time I hear someone mention that they read a post, or really like a particular item showcased, it really puts a smile on my face. It is rewarding to know that I'm reaching an audience. I have a lot of plans in store for the blog, and this venture is certainly a process so any kind of feedback received warms my heart. So thank you for all of the encouragement.

And now for the housekeeping. We are anticipating the container with new goodies to arrive by the first week of July, fingers crossed. It's sometimes hard to predict exactly which day. The best way to keep in the know is via our email list, which you can join by sharing your email with us (leave it in the comments below, or shoot us a message on Facebook). Another really awesome thing about container time is that Tom and Kelly buy these really cute starburst neon tags and use them to mark down items throughout the store. There are some crazy good deals going on, so check in this week before I buy it all!

Ok, ok, less talk more pictures!

1. I know it looks like we've got snow hanging on our stair rail, but I'm here to inform you that this is a huge shag rug that looks like snow, but is softer and warmer than snow. I can't reiterate how soft this guy is, actually. It's 9 feet x 13 feet and yes, I am guilty. I've been running my fingers across it all day because it is a grownup's version of a stuffed animal. Dealer #83, 9x13 Shag Rug, $595.

2. This Rosewood chest by Drylund is too good to be true. The left and right sides have sliding tambour doors that hide away pull out drawers and shelving, and the middle has 7 pull out drawers. You won't have any trouble keeping organized with this guy in your home, that's for sure. I would personally implement it as a mid-century modern take on the lingerie chest. Dealer #123, Drylund Rosewood Chest, $950.
 
 3. I'm always in love with Eddison style bulbs and these do not fail. I would love to use these clustered above our dining table as pendant lights to mimic a tiered chandelier. Right now we just have a drab little light covering that makes me shake my head in disgust every time I see it. These bulbs would really do the trick! Dealer #03, Eddison style bulbs, $38 ea.

 4. Do you have twenty children? Then this is the table for you. It's 6 feet round and ready to host your brood. I love that the metal base brings in an industrial element while the table top is more rustic. You really can't go wrong with that kind of pairing. The only issue I see with this table is learning to politely pass the peas from 6 feet away! Dealer #150-c, Round Dining Table, $995.

 5. I love hooks. Have I told you that before? Hooks solve so many problems, even better if they are shaped like deer heads with awesome antlers. I would place all four of these in a row and hang zillions of things on them...purses, scarves, hats, the possibilities are endless. Dealer #AE1, Set of 4 Deer Head Hooks, $245.

 6. This wood toolbox is really great. I love the blue paint, and cast iron casters have been attached to the bottom for easy transport. The obvious choice is to use this toolbox as a coffee table. It's perfect for hiding away things like magazines and the tv remotes. I also think this would look nicely in a child's room. Dealer #05, Wood Toolbox, $345.

 7. I am trying really hard not to reference Game of Thrones too much in my life, because at the moment it's taken over in a big way. Have any of you read the series or watched the show? So addicting. Anyway, these Victorian tent pole bases are clearly bringing to mind some elements of the series for me. Maybe it's a long shot, but whenever I'm reading about a character pitching a tent in the middle of war, or in Dany's case because she hatches dragons, she's always under a tent of some kind, I assume they are using THESE EXACT bases. Geekiness aside, I really like what Kelly has done with them. While I would have put them in our back yard trying to erect a tent, she has cleverly decided they make great candle holders. Kudos to Kelly, I would've never thought to use them that way! Dealer #44, Victorian tent pole bases, $28 ea.
8. By now you all know that I really enjoy mixing eras when it comes to design. This chair is a great example of that. Its bones are Victorian, but its fabric is reptilian with a great set of nail heads to boot. It would really add some elegance and sophistication to any room. Dealer #FF, Victorian Chair, $350. 

 9. Remember how I said Kelly and Tom have been placing magical starbursts everywhere? I found said starburst on this little chest yesterday and the price attached is incredible. For a mere $150 you can own this great chest, complete with sweet Queen Anne legs and lion drawer pulls. Perfect for an entryway with a great floral arrangement on top. Dealer #44, English Chest, $150.

 10. I know in the past few weeks customers have been asking about beds. Well, we've certainly got a bed for you. This one is as beautiful as they get and fits a queen size mattress. Constructed from pine, the columns are from a late 1880s Pennsylvania train station. I sometimes joke that I am going to move into Oddfellows to save money and now that this bed is here, I think I'll do it! Dealer #150, Queen Bed, $2, 250.

2 comments:

  1. You've got a great eye, T! Love your top ten this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Nice post, i think its a very nice product. I really like this product and its features are also very good. Thanks for sharing with us.

    cast iron casters & kingpinless cart casters

    ReplyDelete